Like many health conscious folk I love to start my day with a delicious, nutrient dense smoothie that’s relatively quick, easy, and can be taken to go as I start my day.
I use my Blendtec everyday to create ultra tasty and super healthy concoctions that give me a big shot of nutrients in an easy to digest and assimilate form.
Sometimes though I prefer to have something that is thicker and can be eaten with a spoon. I think it’s probably because I miss ice cream and really love the texture of smooth, cold things but there’s something about this pudding that keeps me coming back day after day.
Here’s the basic recipe, feel free to tweak, experiment, add or subtract in whatever ways you see fit.
- 2 cups roughly chopped celery (organic)
- 1/2 a cucumber (non-organic and peeled)
- 1/2 a medium sized zuchinni (non-organic and peeled)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 3-5 brazil nuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I like progressive’s all in one vegessentials)
- stevia to sweeten (need more or less depending on how much cacao you use as it is quite bitter)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 ice cubes
- splash of almond milk
Combine ingredients in how powered blender and blend until smooth, then pour into a bowl and sit in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes for the chia to gel.
Remove from fridge, top with coconut shreds, dash of cinnamon, splash of almond milk or if you’re like me, raw goats kefir and enjoy!